Bayside's PhilosophyTeachers actively mentor students to pursue a high degree of excellence in all areas, including building Christian community and preparing for service to God and to mankind.
"Education for Life in God’s Kingdom"
We recognize God as the ultimate source of existence and truth; and all aspects of the school program are structured in light of this truth.
We believe in educating the complete individual - the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social aspects of each student. Our goal is to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which caring teachers point their students toward living life with the Creator-God.
- Hayward Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
Above all things, the Bayside staff is interested in preparing our students for citizenship in the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, we teach students to exercise their power of choice in a manner that is consistent with living in this world as a Christian. We operate, each day, on the belief that each individual is unique and of inestimable value. Each person has been given gifts and talents to make important contributions to their families and communities. Thus, we encourage students to discover and develop their gifts. We strive to give children the understanding that we are all God’s children and our school is a family in which everyone belongs and is given respect and freedom to learn, grow, and express their talents in a nurturing environment.
Believing that every subject is in some manner a disclosure of our Creator, we make a strong effort to present each one in light of a Biblical perspective - hoping students will discover God in every phase of study and experience the joy of a loving relationship with Him. We provide students opportunities to develop skills in the following curriculum areas:
- Bible - The basic purpose of our Bible class is to reveal the truth about God through His word and to support the development of a saving relationship with Him through prayer, study, and discussion.
- Fine Arts - Instruction provides students with opportunities to develop creative expression in music and fine arts. Students enjoy music instruction and performance in vocal choirs; and the development of art tool skills and production of visual arts are integrated into the curriculum.
- Language Arts - Instruction is provided in reading, writing, listening, speaking, spelling and handwriting skills through an integrated Pathways literature program.Our thematic instruction provides connections with our science and social studies curriculums.
- Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies - Instruction provides for proficiency in skills and knowledge within these areas of study which empowers students’ discovery of God as the designer, creator, and sustainer of His well-ordered universe. Our math curriculum is aligned with the national common core and our science curriculum is inquiry and discovery-based.
- Physical Education and Health - Programs are designed to empower students to take good care of the physical body with diet and exercise; and students play a variety games and sports to practice good sportsmanship and cooperation.
Journey To Excellence Goals (Things we strive for)
- Each student will (as each progresses at appropriate levels):Surrender one’s whole life to God; develop a relationship with Jesus Christ; and allow the Holy Spirit to work in one’s life.
- Desire to know, live, and share the message and mission of the Christian Church.
- Develop a sense of self-worth, skills in interpersonal relationships, an understanding of the responsibilities of family membership, and the ability to respond with sensibilities to the needs of others.
- Develop an understanding of cultural and historical heritages, affirm a belief in the dignity and worth of others, and accept responsibility for local, national, and global environments.
- Accept personal responsibility for achieving and maintaining optimum physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Adopt a systematic, logical, and biblically based approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Recognize the importance of effective communication and develop the requisite skills.
- Function responsibly in the everyday world, using Christian principles of stewardship, economy, and personal management.
- Develop an appreciation of the beautiful, both in God’s creation and in human expression, while nurturing individual ability in the fine arts.
- Develop a Christian work ethic with an appreciation for the dignity of service.